Scientific research shows that 80% of the immune system actually lives right in the digestive tract (60% in the colon and another 20% in the lower part of the small intestine). If unhealthy bacteria are ruling the digestive system, there is a good chance that the immune system will be suppressed as a result.
Emotion and digestion are strongly linked, as we can clearly see the kind of language that we use to describe our responses to extreme emotional situations. If we are nervous, we have “butterflies in our stomach”, if we find something unmanageable we “can’t stomach it”, if we suffer a loss we are “gutted”. The digestive system can be an incredibly good barometer of our state of mind, and a wide array of acute and chronic digestive problems can stem from stress, creating an extremely unpleasant vicious circle that can be difficult to break out of.
Approximately 80 to 90 percent of the human body’s totals found in specialized cells in the gut, not in the brain. Serotonin is a chemical that helps maintain a “happy feeling. That could explain why so many people report a feeling of well-being and uplifted mood after colonic hydrotherapy treatment.
The colon and the liver are responsible for excess hormones especially oestrogen. This is the reason why blocked colon and constipation can have an impact on hormonal health. Many naturopaths prescribe colonics to help reduce breast pain.
The state of the gut has a profound influence upon our health. It is from the healthy gut that we enjoy neurological and psychological as well as immunological health.
Similar to reflexology, colonics stimulate colon reflex points and then affect the corresponding body part in a beneficial way.
Primary Goals of Colon Hydrotherapy
- Empty the bowel completely in order for lymph system to drain
- Remove mucous plaque from the inner intestinal lining and relieve intestinal stress.
- Allow the liver to flush and release.
- Stimulate reflex points, exercise and reshape the colon muscle.
Experience has shown that colon hydrotherapy can also provide some of the following benefits:
- A general sense of wellbeing and rejuvenation
- Improved bowel function
- Regained muscle tone in the colon
- Improved digestion / metabolism
- Elimination of parasites
- Smaller and softer abdomen
- Improved absorption of nutrients
- Relieve from allergies
- Skin clearing and tightening
- Relief from headaches
- Improved mental alertness
- Increased energy
- Prevention of cancer and other diseases
All those who take advantage of colon hydrotherapy can be divided into two major groups:
- Those suffering from some digestive disorder or other health issues
- Those who see colonics as a way of toxin removal to maintain their health
Many clients use colonics as an important and specific tool:
- In place of laxatives for certain diagnostic tests involving the colon, as well as pre- and post-surgical procedures.
- for the athletes prior to intensive training and immediately after a sports event to improve metabolic efficiency or losing weight before a game
- models before a photo shoot and stage performers to release toxicity and flatten the stomach
- taxi/ truck drivers, real estate agents and other professionals forced to neglect the urge to eliminate
- cancer patients, enhancing the elimination of toxins.
Colon Hydrotherapy works best when combined with a healthy diet and regular exercise.
“I place incredible demands on my body and I need to be sure my body continues to deliver. Regular cleansing is a crucial part of vibrant health and peak performance. Colon Hydrotherapy plays an essential role in sustaining my internal health and keeping my body in peak condition.” – Anthony Robbins